Saturday, September 18, 2010

Off to Ireland!


(Last post until first week in October.)

I'm off to Ireland to investigate the setting for book 3 in my trilogy Of the Wing. I'm looking especially at enchanted lakes like Lough Gur. While away, I'll also be birding! I'm eager to see such Irish birds as the Oystercatcher, the Lapwing, and, of course, the Curlew!

Shown here is a Public Domain photo (courtesy of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service) of the American Oystercatcher (Haematopus palliatus). But I'll be stalking his Irish counterpart (Haematopus ostralegus). Having never seen our American bird, looks like I must travel to Ireland to see my first-ever oystercatcher!

I'll be sure to take lots of photos to share on my return in two weeks.

Until then . . . Keep birds in your heart!

Georgia Anne

No comments: