Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Are you following me? asks the Eastern Phoebe







I must share a couple photos of my summer resident, an Eastern Phoebe. My unsuspecting fly-catching friend had casually perched upon the top of a shed door, when he (or she) discovered my nosy intrusion. Thereafter he flies off to evade my scrutiny--alas, to no avail.

How could I resist invading his privacy? After all, too soon he or she will fly south for the winter. Most of Pennsylvania is just north of this gray and white bird's year round territory. Check the phoebe's entire range at All About Birds:

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Eastern_Phoebe/id

My phoebe will soon be flying away, but I take great pleasure in knowing he'll be back again in the spring. Then I'll wait expectantly for that lovely two-note whistled song: phoe-bee, phoe-bee, phoe-bee.

Till next time . . . Keep bird's in your heart!

Georgia Anne

No comments: