Friday, October 21, 2016

Three for Dinner: Downy, Cardinal, and Chickadee

Throughout the day, my backyard feeder (filled with black-oil sunflower seeds) gets heavy traffic. Those visiting  most frequently include the Black-capped Chickadee, White-breasted Nuthatch, and the Northern Cardinal, though the list of daily diners is much longer (more on these in upcoming posts). Watching these birds come and go is always enjoyable but never so much as when two or more birds converge. You never know who you might see! Birds come and go in an instant before you can even snap the photo. There are occasions when I snap a photo expecting to capture two birds that I discover a third--someone who fills the empty space between my intention and my act. Such was the case with this photo. 

I framed my lens on the male Northern Cardinal and female Downy Woodpecker never expecting the bonus capture of a Black-capped Chickadee. Thus are the little delights of life.

Until next time . . . Keep birds in your heart.

Georgia Anne Butler

No comments: