Friday, June 29, 2012

Feathered Friday: the Eastern Meadowlark



Am always happy when I find a Lang Elliott video for my Feathered Friday featured bird. I choose each week's bird based on my recent experience with that bird. For instance, two days ago while driving the country roads of Gettysburg, I heard the distinctive song of the Eastern Meadowlark. The meadowlark belongs to the Family Icteridae, otherwise known as blackbirds.

I'm always trying to think of a phonetic interpretation for the meadowlark's song . . . but never can. For example, the Eastern Towhee is known to sing "Drink your tee-ee-ee! Drink your tee-ee-ee!" But what does the meadowlark sing? If you can translate the meadowlark's song into words, please share it with us.

Until next time . . . Keep birds in your heart!

Georgia Anne

No comments: