Monday, January 17, 2011

Male Northern Cardinal


What's more striking (and sublime) than a male Northern Cardinal screaming its color against a backdrop of snow? Where's the snow you ask? Everywhere, actually, except within the frame of this portrait. Ha!

From a far distance I shot this image of a cardinal waiting his turn at my backyard feeder. The distance, in fact, exceeded the zoom capacity of my camera, resulting in an image that appears more like a painting than a photograph. Either way, this is one bird that always shines.

Till next time . . . Keep birds in your heart!

Georgia Anne

p.s. I owe you one photo of a cardinal against a backdrop of snow.

1 comment:

troutbirder said...

They do certainly glow against the winter background. I'm lucky enough to have four "regulars" at my feeder this winter.