Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cat and Goose


Sometimes we take for granted birds seen on a regular basis. For instance, if we drive by a pond or lake where Canada Geese frequent we might not give them a second look. But add an unexpected element to the scene and our eyes will once again open. That's what happened earlier today in my back yard.

I saw that a solitary Canada Geese had chosen the pond for a bit of rest and relaxation. I didn't give him (or her) much attention because Canada Geese sometimes descend in groups of two or three to spend a bit of time here. But when I happened outside and saw my cat Gwendolyn studying our visitor, I thought, "Hey, I want to look, too." And so sat a bit to appreciate my company and of course to capture this pretty scene. Hope you enjoy it.

Till next time . . . Keep birds in your heart!

Georgia Anne Butler

No comments: