Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ruby-throated Hummingbirds have arrived!


On March 1, I posted a message on the arrival of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds to the coastlines of Texas and Florida. (As reported by people like you and me on http://www.hummingbirds.net/) Well, yesterday, on April 28, some finally arrived to my backyard. Or should I say, I saw my first Ruby-throated Hummingbird on April 28 because (based on reports as posting to hummingbirds.net) these fast, flashy, and tiny birds arrived in my area of the state about two weeks ago.

Who knows?

Maybe my backyard visitors are simply more leisurely in arriving than others? Whatever the case, I’m glad to see their return and look forward their company throughout spring and summer.

So if you haven’t yet put out a feeder, there’s no time to delay. To learn how, visit the Web site above. Until next time . . . happy birding!

Georgia Anne

No comments: